The objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (in Rural Communities) in the Federal Capital Territory to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructure Services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities. The proposed project will be implemented over a five year period. Federal Capital Territory Agency for Community and Social Development Project (FCTACSDA) now invites application from suitable qualified candidates from the public and private sectors for recruitment for Community and Social Development Project (FCTACSDA).
1.) General Manager
Key Duties of the General Manager (GM)
The GM Shall:
- Be the accounting Officer of the SA
- Give approval for proposal of CDPs recommended by the SA Management Committee:
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work programme of the state Agency as approved by BOD;
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary technical and administrative skills and financial resources
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the SA reporting relationship with the Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU) of the FCT.
- A University Degree in social sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and/or any other relevant degree with at least fifteen years post qualification experience in the private or public sector, five of which must be at management level.
- A higher Degree and experience in the management of rural development projects shall an added advantage.
- Preparation of quarterly internal and report of the agency
- Preparation of audit programme for the year
- To review and monitor the disbursement of the agency (SOE)
- To strengthen the internal control system of the project
- To review all the authorizations, approvals, eligibility and documentations of expenditures
- Verifying the cash and other assets of the project
- Ensure that the system of internal check and internal control introduced for the prevention or early detection of fraud and loss of cash, stores and other assets of the project is adequate.
- Ascertain that the advances ledger is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure that the agreement for the advance is properly executed
- To prepare and ensure compliment for the project’s monitoring and evaluation system report
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the General Manager.
- A University Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting, Banking and Finance and a membership of professional Associations such as ACA, ACCA, ANAN or other equivalents with at least five (5) years post qualification experience.
The secretary to the General Manager shall be responsible for.
- Supporting the General Manager as a Personal Assistant/Confidential Secretary:
- Providing secretariat assistance e.g prepare all letters, memoranda and any requisite document for the GM
- Organize itineraries , meetings and related schedules;
- Maintaining adequate filling system for all mails and correspondence of the GM.
- A degree or HND in Secretarial Administration, computer skills presentations, internet and Microsoft office packages. She /He must have at least Seven years secretarial experienc
- Assist in keeping of records, cash and other financial matters that will be assigned to him/her from time to time
- At least a minimum of OND in Accounting, Business Administration or Banking and Finance with at least 2 years relevant post qualification experience, knowledge of computer packages is an added advantage.
- Moving files from officers table
- Carrying and delivering letters, articles and massages.
- Opening and closing offices
- Candidates must possess SSCE/WASC
- Drivers personnel and move goods/people between and within communities and within and outside the state.
- Ensure maintenance of vehicle
- Candidates must possess at least, primary or secondary school certificate or OND in automobile engineering. They must also have practical knowledge of the traffic code and should be Driver/Mechanic with driver’s license C,D, or E and good driving experience of not less than 6 years of experience, accident free. Possession of Driver/Mechanic trade test II and I is an added advantage.
- Design and prepare CSDP Management Information System operational manual
- Assess the information needs for the various component of the SA.
- Review alongside other project staff the data collection forms at the different stages of the micro-projects circle
- Upgrade hardware and Software
- Ensure MIS hard and soft ware maintenance
- Establish the working schedule and the MIS design
- Develop and prepare the required document using a friendly report generator
- At least a degree or HND in Electronic Engineering, Information Management, Computer Sciences, Engineering and related fields. Five years post qualification experience, two of which must have been in the design, development and implementation of Database and Client Server Software applications. Knowledge and experience with development tools client side rapid applications and using friendly report generator would be an added advantage.
- Cleaning offices, closet and office premises;
- Performing general cleaning duties;
- Supervising a number of cleaner.
- Candidates must possess SSCE/WASC.
- Carrying and delivery letters, articles and messages
- Candidates must possess SSCE/WASC.
The assistant project accountant shall be responsible for
- Assisting in preparing budget and work plan for the SA.
- Assisting to maintain the SA assets database
- Assisting to prepare monthly/quarterly reports in accordance with accounting reporting requirements
- Managing and controlling inventory and store of the Agency.
- A University Degree or HND in Accounting, Banking and Finance with at least five years post qualification experience. Membership of professional Associations such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ANAN and knowledge of computer. Based accounting packages and experience in donor-funded or rural development project will be an added advantage
Key Duties of Operations Manager (GM)
The Operations Manager Shall be in charge of:
- Supervising and coordinating the overall activities of the operations department
- Supervising the processing of applications seeking SA funding and technical/management support
- Ensure conduct of desk and field appraisals and forward to the reports to the Project Management Committee for review based on set criteria;
- Provide overall supervision of formulation and implementation process of CDPs and micro projects by CPMCs;
- Enhttp://www.plentyofjobvacancies.blogspot.comsuring the maintenance of records on all CDPs and Micro-projects on a continuous basis; and passing on such information to the M and E Department;
- Ensuring that requisite assistance are rendered to communities as and when required
- Liaison with relevant MDAs to provide technical and back-up support to communities.
- A University Degree or HND in Agriculture, Engineering, Extension Services, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant degree, with at least twelve years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience in rural development projects or extension services shall be considered as additional advantage. Computer literacy is compulsory.
Duties of Finance and Administration Manager
The finance and Administration Manager shall be charged with the responsibility for:
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities.
- Processing and paying all bills, salaries (etc) pertaining to the smooth running of the SA
- Maintaining schedules of personnel, welfare and other personnel functions
- Ensuring the proper recording of financial transactions of the Agency
- Generating annual budgets and work plans for the SA.
- Processing and managing all fund disbursements as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agency to communities
- Liaising with Banks, tax authorities and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the SA.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly report on financial progress of micro-projects and CDPs.
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Report (FMRs)
- Offering training and capacity building in the area of financial and management, records, keeping and other related matters to the community.
- A University Degree or HND in Accounting or Banking and Finance with at least twelve years post qualification experience, membership of professional association such as ACCA, ANAN, ICAN or their equivalent is essential. Computer literacy is compulsory.
Duties of Monitoring and Evaluation (M and E) Manager:
The M and E Manager shall be charged with the responsibility of:
- Ensuring the monitoring of records of all types of data and information on SA activities; overseeing the monitoring and evaluation department of SA and coordinating the activities of the MIS and M and E units
- Providing guidelines and guidance for the operation of the MIS and M and E units for them to meet the expectations of the SA.
- Liaising with the Operations and Finance and Administration departments to collect and collate data for tracking of key activities of the SA; (budget performance, financial matters like costing/ pricing of CSDP activities in the state operations, etc) and
- Providing cumulative records, analysis and statistics of activities over time to guide operations and provide information base for planning and future evaluation.
- Ensuring compliance to environmental main streaming and other safe guarding requirement.
- A University Degree or HND in Agriculture, Statistics, Social Sciences, Engineering, Extension Services or Project Management, with at least twelve (12) years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of Computer is mandatory. Previous experience in project monitoring and evaluation shall be an added advantage.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of operations officers
- Assist in the provision of technical advices on all engineering works e.g. construction/ Rehabilitation of infrastructure, erosion control bands, feeder road construction etc.
- In close liaison with relevant state ministries, departments, agency (ies) ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure.
- Any other duty (ies) assigned by the Manager Operations.
- At least a degree or HND in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Sciences with at least five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction. Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
15.) Project Officer Gender and Vulnerable
- Develop an action plan for main streaming vulnerable groups and gender sensitive activities in the operation of the state agency.
- Facilitate the preparation processes of CDP formulation at Community level
- Assist project team to incorporate appropriate vulnerable group (including gender) issues into project activities.
- Any other duties assigned by the Manager Operations
- At least a degree or HND in Social Sciences, Natural Resources, Sciences, rural environmental development, Agricultural extension with at least 5years post qualification experience part of which must have been spent in CDD related areas. Computer literacy is experience in Gender/ Vulnerable Main streaming and safety nets will be an added advantage.
16.) Administrative Officer
The Administrative officer shall be responsible for:
- Management of personnel matters
- Supervising clerical staff
- Maintaining and operating an open and secret registry
- Ensuring appropriate record keeping, filling and documentation of all agency mails and correspondents
- Managing all office utility services
- Maintaining office asset, including vehicles, plants office premises, etc
- Secretary to project management committee (PMC)
- A first degree or HND in the Social Science and Humanities with at least 5 years relevant post qualification experience. Knowledge of MS Computer packages is essential. Experience in personnel, office management is necessary.
- Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training
- Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of goods/services
- Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a project Cost Document and Provide up to date information on all procurement at the SA.
- Ensure that procurement plans are implemented as scheduled
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager
- At least a first degree or HND in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related field with at least five years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded agency or state government due process office. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
- Responsible for data collection, collation and analysis for field level activities
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Monitor progress towards attainment of target and to adopt targets to realities
- At least a first degree or HND in Social Sciences, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Rural Development and related field with at least 5years post qualification experience, part of which must relate to monitoring and evaluation of community based initiatives. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in Community Driven Development (CDD) is an added advantage.
- Ensure security of office building and Government properties:
- Keeping records of movement of persons and vehicles;
- Searching vehicles and suspected visitors or employees
- Candidates should possess at least primary or secondary school certificate with at least five (5) –Ten (10) years experience in similar jobs in nigeria.
Numbers of Person Require: 6
- Sensitize and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable
- Facilitate Communities in the formulation of CDP in line (b) above
- Build capacity of the CPMCs and LGRC Desk officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. participatory Rural Appraisal (PRAs.) records and book-keeping, project management, main streaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project officer-IEC and training.
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance etc.
- A first degree or HND in Engineering, Social Science, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related fields. With at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area. Computer Literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must. Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
21.) Project Officer-IEC and Training
- Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSDP at the FCT level through information, education and communication (IEC) campaigns.
- Ensure linkage with relevant ministries/agencies on integrating collective action and mobilization of resources, for sectoral development plans.
- Undertake regular skill gap, analysis of project staff, line ministries, LGRC and CPMC members and identify requisite training to address them
- Maintain links and update knowledge of other agencies programmes on advocacy, sensitization and awareness and communication
- Be responsible for preparing periodic report on progress in advocacy, mobilization and awareness, measured against the target of annual work plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/ donor requirements)
- At least a degree or HND in Social Sciences, Natural Resources, Sciences, rural environmental development, Agric Extension with at least 5years post qualification experience part of which must relate to training and social analysis, especially rural appraisals. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilization is an added advantage.
Interested applicants from private sector or civil service should submit ten (10) numbers of hand written application each with comprehensive curriculum vitae on or before 3rd April, 2012 addressed and delivered to:
The Director, Economic Planning Department,
Federal Capital Territory Administration,
Area 11 Garki, Abuja.
Applications are to clearly mark on the envelop “Expression of interest for………….Position”
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
3rd April, 2012